Official CMC Transcripts
CMC, in partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), now has electronic transcript ordering online through a secured site.
All you need to do is submit your request. It’s that easy.
Benefits of Electronic Transcripts with NSC
- Submit your request 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Very fast turnaround – usually within an hour or two
- Provides detailed email or text communication regarding transcript status
Official Transcript Request Options
Electronic PDF option: available online through NSC for $7.00 plus $3.00 (NSC processing and e-trans fee).
Official Transcript Policies
- A picture ID is required to pick up transcripts in person
- We will hold Official transcripts for pickup in Admissions and Records for a maximum of 60 days. The official transcript will be destroyed after 60 days and the student will not be refunded.
- FREE first two lifetime transcripts are available to students. However, free transcripts are not available through National Student Clearinghouse. Complete the fillable PDF form
- Print the PDF form and scan or take a picture of the completed form with your signature and email back as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allow 7-10 business days for processing.
PLEASE NOTE: Transcripts from other institutions become a part of the student’s permanent file and are not duplicated and forwarded with the Copper Mountain College transcript. For questions pertaining to OFFICIAL transcripts ONLY, please contact Admissions & Records:
CMC does not mail grade reports. You may request your grades as follows:
- Online Portal: Grades are available 24/7 through the MyCMC Portal for students who have maintained access since spring 2014. Once you are logged into the portal (MyCMC), click on the Academic Profile Tab.
- In Person: Please go to Admissions & Records in the Office of Student Services or the Base Programs Office. Bring a form of photo ID with you. Ask to have an unofficial transcript printed for you. Student Services has limited services. Please contact Admissions & Records: 760.366.3791 or 760.366.5201 ext. 4232; email@example.com.
- Email, Fax, or Mail: Save the wait in line! Request a copy of your unofficial transcript. Please fax a copy of the following form to Unofficial Transcripts, at 760.830.4157.
College of the Desert & Copper Mountain College Transcripts
From 1967 to 1999, Copper Mountain Campus was a branch campus of College of the Desert (COD). Copper Mountain College (CMC) began separation from College of the Desert in 1999 and CMC was accredited by the Western Associate of Schools and Colleges (WASC) in 2001. Students who completed coursework at CMC between 1999 and 2001 were under WASC accreditation given to CMC through COD.
Some unusual transcript situations arose from decisions made when Copper Mountain College separated from the College of the Desert. Under agreements made during the separation process, a few students may have the same coursework recorded at both colleges. Students who began attending CMC in 2001 or later will only have a CMC transcript; attendance both before and after 2001 will usually be fully contained within the CMC transcript.
Education & Degree Verifications
If you’re calling to verify a student’s education or degree, we only accept written requests accompanied by a release of authorization form. Please fax your request to Janie at 760.366.5257. Allow a 48-hour turnaround time for processing.
If you’re a student needing an enrollment verification letter for benefits, insurance, or other reasons, please submit your request in writing to Admissions & Records with the following information:
- Full Name
- Student ID #
- CMC Email Address
- Semester you’re requesting enrollment verification
- If you need your GPA
- If you need your anticipated date of graduation
Please allow a 48-hour turnaround time for processing. We will email you at your CMC email when your letter is available for your pick-up.
High School Completion Transcripts & GED Records
High School Completion transcripts are NOT processed through Student Services. We do not want to delay your request. Please contact the Student Success Center for your high school completion transcripts at 760.366.3791, ext. 4246.
CMC is unable to verify whether or not a student received their GED through Copper Mountain College. When CMC stopped providing the GED exam, all records were sent to the state GED Records Center. The Educational Testing Services (ETS) – GED Records Center handles all requests for duplicate records in the State of California.
Please contact the GED State Records office at 916.445.9438.
Former Student Success Center (Adult Basic Education/High School Completion) Students
If you are a student who attended the Student Success Center and you need your transcripts from the Center, fill out this form:
Request for Transcript from SSC
Please fax this form to us at 760.366.5259. Please allow 5-7 business days for your transcripts to be processed.
Sending Official Transcripts to CMC
If you are sending official transcripts to CMC, please give the following address to your college/university:
Copper Mountain College
PO Box 1398
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
If you are sending electronic official transcripts to CMC, please give the following email address to your college/university: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once official transcripts have been received, if you’ve completed 12 or more units, you may request an official evaluation and acceptance of transfer units by completing a “Request for Evaluation of Credit” form available in Admissions & Records on the Main Campus or at the Base Program office.
Please note that all official transcripts must be on file before an evaluation may be processed.
Once the evaluation is completed, you’ll be notified by email to the CMC campus email address. A follow-up appointment with a counselor is recommended.
This process can take several weeks, please plan accordingly. Students who don’t have a completed evaluation may find it necessary to register in person at either location (Main Campus or Base Programs) and may not be able to register through the MyCMC portal.
Should you have any questions, please contact Admissions and Records at 760.366.3791, ext. 4232.
CMC will provide you with a copy of your unofficial transcript, which contains your most recent grades. Please fax a copy of the following form to Unofficial Transcripts at 760.830.4157. Or you can contact them through email.
Unofficial Transcripts for CMC Grades are Free. Please note processing time can take 3-5 business days.
Unofficial transcript requests MUST have an actual signature for processing. Unofficial transcript requests without an actual signature WILL NOT be processed.
For questions pertaining to UNOFFICIAL transcripts ONLY, please call the Base Programs Office at 760.830.6133.
Please submit unofficial transcript requests as MS Word or PDF documents.